Friday, March 27, 2009

Patty's Block of the Month and Retreat Information

Here is Patty's BOM from Rossville Quilts. She picked it up yesterday and was very happy with it.



Next up is a baby quilt for Gwen and I need to do a little embroidery project for my friend Judy. That should keep me busy this weekend while Dan is off doing sound for the band.

Retreat Planning
I am coordinating a guild retreat next spring in March. We have had the retreat at Ross Camp for 2 years, but I am thinking of changing the location. I haven't had much luck finding a suitable location that is less than an hour from Lafayette. Stairs are an issue for some of our members, so that eliminates Camp Tecumseh. I have thought about a local hotel, but I think we would prefer to book an entire facility, rather than walking the halls of a hotel in the middle of the night after sewing till the wee hours of the morning.

Have you had a quilt retreat some place close that you would recommend?

No comments: