Monday, March 16, 2009

My Stashbusting Prize

I finally got Julie to decide what she would like from the Fat Quarter Shop, so that I could spend my gift certificate. I ordered 2 FQ bundles of Cottage Charm, along with 2 yards of one of the background prints and 2 Miss Rosies patterns....Storyteller and Cracklin Palms. I wasn't sure which one I would use, but decided on Storyteller.



Here are the Storyteller blocks that I completed at camp and this is all that fits on my design wall.


Here is the rest on them in several different stages:



Here is what Julie picked out and although she didn't get to any of them at quilt camp, she was quite happy with them.


The pumpkin pattern is what I ordered the fabric from Desperate Quilters for last week. I would say that she has plenty to keep her busy sewing for a long time.

I would like to thank my friend Vicky for her very generous prize for our stashbusting contest.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Your fabric is wonderful, Ruthie! Congrats again on having such a wonderful stash busting year in 2008!

carol said...

What a great prize!! I love your choices.